On Target Marketing: Consulting for the Self-Publisher
On-Target Marketing provides Evanston Publishing's clients with the information that will help them identify the tools needed to contact their target markets. Marketing tools are essential to successfully promote and sell a book. As a selfpublisher, you must do all you can to compete for the attention of readers and those who review, sell and promote books. Professional marketing tools that get results require attention to detail and specific information, as well as an artistic flair.
What does marketing include? Marketing is a complex mixture of all the elements of your self-publishing endeavor--the name of your publishing company, the packaging of the book, and your plan for generating interest in and sales of your book. It also includes networking and follow-up with past customers, reviewers, distributors, and booksellers.
On-Target Marketing can help simplify the marketing process for self-published authors by developing professional marketing materials that will get their book noticed. Although we complete a plan for each client, On-Target Marketing can never replace the enthusiasm each author brings to getting his or her own title recognized. We design each plan in an easy to understand format. The marketing plan is the initial step-executing the plan is what sells books.
On-Target Marketing Can:
1. Help you develop your book marketing plan
2. Help you set up a publicity tour
3. Give you great ideas for selling your book
4. Help you find book distribution channels, both conventional and nontraditional
5. Supply you with periodic mailings about marketing and book promotion ideas
6. Obtain genre-specific addresses for your book marketing
For the new book:
On-Target Marketing will put together a marketing kit specifically set up for your needs, including a media kit (media release, grabber sheet, Q & A sheet, author bio) and sales and promotional copy. On-Target Marketing is a must have for the truly successful self-publisher.
Complete package includes:
• Twelve complete marketing kits, including media release, grabber sheet, Q & A sheet, author bio, sales and promotional copy
• Twelve media releases in CD format for reviewers' use
• Distribution and promotional channels
• A binder filled with ideas specific to selling your book
• Two hours free promotion
• Periodic mailings for six months about specific marketing opportunities
• One hundred postcards to use as a sales tool
As needed marketing tools for all books (all billed separately):
1. Marketing phone consultation (billable by half-hour increments)
2. One dozen complete marketing kits
3. Individual media release, grabber sheet, Q & A sheet, etc.
4. Promotion for events (making phone calls, follow-up calls, setting up media events, contacting talk shows, newspapers, bookstores, etc.)
5. Setting up a publicity tour
6. Implementation of mailings (postage, shipping materials, etc.
7. Genre-specific addresses
8. Post cards, flyers, and posters